Custom Components for Consumer Products
Whether dealing with cookware, toys, household products, buttons, switches, handles, or gaskets, injection molded elastomer parts serve as essential components in today’s consumer-products market. Combining the performance and durability of high-quality plastics and rubbers with the speed and efficiency of injection moldings, these parts help create long-lasting, cost-efficient goods while ensuring optimal ease of use for manufacturers and end users alike.
For over 30 years, the team at Elastomer Technologies, Inc. (ETI) has brought innovation, versatility, and deep design insight to the liquid injection molding industry. Our solutions-oriented team manufactures a range of consumer parts and products, from valves and grommets to children’s toys.
Consumer Product Features and Benefits
Everything from keypads and spatulas to shower heads and toys can benefit from our cutting-edge molding services.
In addition to our liquid injection molding services, we also offer compression and transfer molding, die cutting, and stamping services. Compression molding and transfer molding, in particular, offer great versatility and can be used to create many unique shapes and parts. Our new 50- and 100-ton liquid injection molding presses, meanwhile, allow for enhanced product quality and production speeds; these machines can easily handle high-consistency rubber (HCR), as well. The ideal process will be based on the specific consumer product at hand and its unique specifications and requirements.
Our sophisticated prototyping services help ensure designs are done right the first time around, allowing for optimal product reliability and performance. We offer the following types of prototyping:
- Pour molding of room-temperature-vulcanizing (RTV) silicone
- Transfer/compression molding of HCR silicone or liquid silicone
- Injection molding of liquid silicone rubber or HCR silicone
We can work with a wide range of materials, including:
- Nitrile rubber
- Styrene-butadiene (SBR)
These are some of the most commonly used materials, but the options are virtually limitless, as we can transfer and compression mold a huge range of organic and synthetic rubber compounds to meet specific application needs. This versatility allows us to handle all types of consumer-product projects, no matter how unusual or complex.
Thanks to our wide range of material and processing options, we can imbue consumer parts and products with the following features, among many others:
- Mold and bacteria resistance
- UV resistance
- Tastelessness and odorlessness
- High- and low-temperature stability, with high consistency in all types of weather
- Chemical resistance
- Aging resistance
- Flame and tear resistance
Common Products and Applications
Below are just a few examples of the many types of consumer products we can create here at ETI.
- Overmolded shower heads and specialty nozzles, to manage spray performance and minimize mineral buildup
- Reliable, fatigue-resistant slit valves
- Door and window seals in automobiles and aviation, for consumer comfort and optimal performance
- High-contact rollers in printers and paper management, to enhance accuracy
- Hypoallergenic valves, wipers, seals, brushes, and applicators for cosmetics and pharmaceuticals
- Nonstick, flexible bakeware, utensils, spatulas, and pans for the home and professional cook
- Bottle dispensers with superior flow control
- Safe, high-purity bottle parts and pacifiers for babies
- Buttons and keypads with high durability for electronics and control panels
Industry-Leading Molding Services From ETI
The team at ETI can accommodate both low- and high-volume runs for all types of consumer products and parts, backed by 100% process verification and validation.
Our expert team works closely with clients on all projects to optimize design, material selection, and manufacturing for specific application requirements. And with an eye on clients’ cost and timeline expectations, we can transform even roughest ideas into sophisticated, long-lasting consumer parts.
Ready to discuss your unique consumer-product needs with an expert? Reach out to the team today.